I LOVE crock pot meals! For a working couple, there is nothing better than mixing everything together, forgetting about it, and then coming home to the smell of a yummy dinner ready to eat.
Last week while I was home with the puppy for lunch, I decided to start a crock pot meal. The first half of the day had been exhausting and I knew that I wouldn’t want to cook a meal after the last half of the day…does anyone else ever have those days??
While Kobe played out in the sun, I had just enough time to throw some ingredients in a crock pot and let it do the hard work for me! PERFECT! Check it out and let me know what you think!
Crock Pot Mac-and-Cheese
- 8 oz. (1/2 of a small box) Elbow Macaroni – cooked and drained (cooking the noodles is the part that took the longest!)
- 3 cups shredded cheese (Any cheese will do—I personally like to use my leftover cheeses from previous meals, so I did ½ cup Mozzarella, ½ cup Mild Cheddar, and 1 full cup of Sharp Cheddar)
- 1 stick of butter or margarine (1/2 cup) – melted to liquid
- 1 large can evaporated milk (12oz)
- 4 Tb All Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 cups regular milk
1. Cook and drain Macaroni according to directions.
2. Spray Crock Pot with Pam (or you can use crock pot liners).
3. Combine all ingredients (order doesn’t matter)
4. Turn Crock Pot on LOW and leave cooking for about 4 hours.
- You may stir occasionally if you are home. (I was at work and couldn’t trust the pup with this job, so I just skipped the stir part…it still turned out just fine!)
- Also, if it seems to be getting dry, add a little bit of milk to “hydrate” the pasta
NOTE: If you would like to double or triple this recipe, FIRST: make sure your crock pot is big enough, and SECOND: Do not double the regular milk. For example, if you are doubling this recipe, use 2 cups instead of 3.
Let me know what you think! It’s so easy, yet so delicious!