This recipe is perfect for a quick and delicious treat. These cookies are so easy that I was able to make them between the time I got home from work and the time I left for the gym (less than 30 minutes!). Did I mention they are delicious? Absolutely delectable! No one could eat just one and they were gone faster than they took to make!
This recipe is originally from ModernDayMoms Blog Here. This recipe can be a lifesaver when you have little time and want something homemade to share–I will definitely be making these again!
My husband and I shop at Sam’s Club (wholesale retailer) about once a month. This is where we get our oatmeal–FIFTY TWO bags of oatmeal in a box to be exact! Out of those 52 bags, 5 are “original” flavored, which neither of us will touch. Why waste these flavors when we can use them to bake delicious cookies?!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies-with Instant Oatmeal Packets
- 1/2 cup butter (or margarine), slightly warm
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tb. milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 6 packets flavored instant oatmeal (I used 4 original, 2 cinnamon&spice)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets.
2. Beat butter with sugar and brown sugar in mixer until creamy. Beat in the milk and egg until smooth.
3. Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl. Slowly pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until blended. (I left my mixer on and just added a little bit at a time, waiting until each “dump” of dry ingredients was blended before adding more).Fold in chocolate chips with a spoon.
4. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter onto greased baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Press cookies flat with a fork or spoon.
5. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until set and edges are golden brown. Let cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before removing to cool or eat!
I hope you enjoy these delicious cookies!
P.S. I didn’t get more pictures because I was in a hurry to get to the gym (had to work off some calories so I could really enjoy these cookies!)! Remember to Check out ModernDayMom’s Pictures and Recipe Here!