This is by far the easiest pie I have ever made. You don’t have to be an amazing baker to get this one right!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup oats (I used Instant Oatmeal packets-2 original, 1 cinnamon/spice flavor)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 Tbs cornstarch
- 1 1/4 water
- 3 cups apples (diced and peeled)-I used Granny Smith
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. To make the crust, combine flour, brown sugar, butter, and instant oats in a large mixing bowl. Set aside about 1 cup to use as the topping. Press the remaining mixture into a 8-9″ lightly greased pie pan.
3. For filling, mix together sugar, cornstarch, and water over medium heat until smooth. Bring to a boil and let boil for approximately 2-3 minutes, stirring the entire time. The mixture will thicken while stirring–make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom too much! Remove saucepan and stir in apples and vanilla. Stir until apples are coated.
4. Dump the apple mixture into the pie pan. Top with the remaining crumb mixture that you previously set aside. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. The crust should be a golden brown and the top will look crunchy. Let cool before serving.
That’s it! How easy is that?! Seriously, compare this to other apple pie recipes and I’m sure you’ll find that this one is by far the easiest. 🙂