Plain old Lasagna seems so old school nowadays. Don’t get me wrong, it’s absolutely delicious…but it is even MORE delicious when it is made in rolls!
I would like to share an amazing recipe that I found on Skinny Ms. Blog. It is definitely a keeper for future meals. Head on over to her blog and check out the original recipe.
I will warn you, it is a slightly more intensive recipe than the ones I normally post. It’s definitely worth the extra effort though–test it out and let me know what you think! This recipe will definitely be on the monthly rotation for us!
Meatless Lasagna Rolls
- 10 lasagna noodles, al dente
- 1 (24 oz) jar marinara sauce (Ragu –or homemade if you have it!)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups baby spinach, chopped well
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare noodles according to directions on package.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Add half jar of marinara to 9”x13” casserole dish to cover bottom.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Sauté garlic until it smells really good.
- Chop spinach very fine. Add to skillet with garlic and heat for about a minute.
- In mixing bowl, combine garlic and spinach with ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, cottage cheese, egg white, oregano, salt, and pepper. This is the mixture for inside the rolls.
- On a clean surface (can protect with wax paper or parchment paper), lay lasagna noodles flat. Spread the mixture on each of the noodles. Start rolling the noodles in a spiral and lay in the casserole dish—seam side down.
- Top with remaining marinara sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle parsley on top after baking, if desired.