New neighbors moved in two doors down a couple of weeks ago. What better way to welcome them than by baking them a few dozen cookies?
…and maybe baking even a few dozen additional cookies for myself? Trust me, with this recipe, you can’t stop at “taste testing” only one! The recipe yields about 6 dozen cookies—I wasn’t kidding about the “few” dozen part! 😉
I originally found these cookies on Wee Share—head on over to their page and check them out! The author, Desi, actually won a cookie contest with this recipe. Therefore, not only are they AMAZING, they are also AWARD WINNING. You can’t go wrong with this recipe! Original link here: “World’s Best Chocolate Chip Cookies”
These cookies use Butter-flavored Crisco—and I highly recommend you use it and do not substitute anything for it. Make sure it is butter flavored! It comes in nifty sticks like this: (one batch=one stick, so you can potentially make 3 batches which would be 18 dozen cookeis!!)
This is absolutely my new go-to recipe for chocolate chip cookies. It may seem like a lot of ingredients, but this recipe is so easy to throw together. My biggest challenge? Not eating all of the cookie dough before it goes into the oven. (If you are scared of salmonella….DON’T eat raw cookie dough. I shouldn’t, but I simply can’t resist some days).
Side note: I do not condone the eating of raw cookie dough—please beware that raw eggs can contain salmonella which can make you sick.
Dunk Worthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup (1 stick) Butter Flavored Crisco
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups flour (I used unbleached, all-purpose flour)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream Crisco, and both sugars in mixer until combined. (Slow speed)
- Add eggs, vanilla, salt and baking soda. Blend well with mixer (medium speed).
- Gradually add the flour—one cup at a time. Mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Place dough in refrigerator for 15-30 mins (however long you can wait—longer is better!)
- Form approximately 1 inch dough balls and place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 7-9 minutes until cookies are lightly brown around the edges.
- Remove pan from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 2 mins or so to cool.
- Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
In my opinion, these are best when served warm. So eat up after they are moved to the cooling rack!
Recipe adapted from Wee Share: “World’s Best Chocolate Chip Cookies”
Grab a glass of milk and enjoy!